Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st haircut

BEFORE
AFTER
There's his big blue eyes! No more brushing his bangs out of his face!
Thank goodness for the sucker, I don't know if he'd have gotten through the ordeal without it!
Jonathan was getting his haircut today, and even though I had previously planned to have my mom cut Rowan's hair next month, I went ahead and got it cut today. It needed it. Badly. Even though I love his hair, I was getting tired of tyring to tuck and sweep it out of the way. Rowan started out in the chair all by himself (I knew this wouldn't last) and by the second cut I was holding him. He was hating it, until he got the sucker. Hallelujah for that sucker! It distracted him just enough so that the poor beautician could finish the job. By the end the sucker was covered in hair, along with Rowan's lips, cheeks, and chin. He didn't seem to mind and kept licking away. They were kind enough to give him a new one when we left. It's not a perfect haircut. Far from. But, it is an improvement, and my choice not to cut it myself was quickly reaffirmed after watching the hair stylist struggle through it. And I think Rowan could pull of any hairdo with his cute face, so I am not worried about it.

7 comments:

  1. Boy, does he have a lot of hair! He looks like he's a lot older than he is. Share the wealth, kid -- Vivienne needs some hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! And totally stylin' - what an adorable little guy! :-) Glad he sat still (enough) for ya! :-)

    (Kiddo keeps asking to see his pics, too - he loves seeing his little cousins!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks cute. What a memorable time - the first haircut. Did you save some of his hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those eyes and what a cutie all around!

    ReplyDelete