Sunday, August 17, 2008

Quick stop

My sister-in-law, Princess, had a layover in Phoenix on her way back to Texas this weekend. Jonathan and I went and picked her up from the airport and we all went out to lunch. (Thanks Princess! You really didn't have to pay for us!) We missed Chris- her husband & my brother- but at least we got to see one of them. Hopefully we'll see the two of them together soon. A funny side story- while we were at Subway eating I went to the gas station side (the two were connected) to get a fountain drink. I get up to the register and the cashier says, "What are you having?" I say, "A boy." Then she asks, "Just one?" (flashback to my neighbor Robin!) "Yes, just one." Nope she does not stop there, " Wow, you got big. When I had my daughter a year ago I only gained 14 pounds and she was only 6 pounds when she was born. My mom kept saying I wasn't eating, but I ate." Jonathan had to remind me later that all the people who have made the rude comments during my pregnancy have been two Subway employees and our neighbor who works at the local casino.
The 3 of us
Me & Princess
Jonathan & Princess
Aunt Princess
(Jon & I laughed when we saw this picture because next to me Princess looks super tiny- she already is small, but look at her waist!! we thought it was funny)

13 comments:

  1. Don't ya just wish some people would keep their comments to themselves? My goodness. Well you are going to have a darling little boy for it and that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look wonderful! Some people just don't think before speaking. I am so glad you got to see Princess. She does look great! I am so excited to be (Maybe) the next family member to see you.....take that back, Scott will beat me! Yeah, have fun with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like a beautiful pregnant mamma! Just ignore the rude comments.
    You won't care about anything after that baby is in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just noticing how tiny she looked when I scrolled down and read what you wrote: great minds think alike!
    You look great. People are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Heather! THanks for posting so quick! THe visit with the two of you made my flight back such a pleasure! And don't worry, (about me paying) I had to eat too!, plus now I can say that I took my little nephew out to lunch for the first time! LOL. And that cashier lady (including all the others) doesn't know what they're talking about! YOU DO look great! Thank again to you and Jon for stoppin' by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love when people talk from their rear end. and you definitely don't want to carry heavy things in your move, especially if you have to do stairs. all it will do is leave you totally out of breath and give you a back ache for the rest of the day. but good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously! I think you look amazing! You should have told that clerk to stick it where the sun doesn't shine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool you two got to see each other!! You both look so good, I can't wait for the baby...I'm sure you're ready for him too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great!!! There are I D I O T S everywhere. EVERYWHERE, I tell you. No worries :-). (And Jon's point is very valid - way to consider the source! ;-)

    And wow, Princess does look crazy tiny in that pic!!! I mean, pictures do weird things, but you've gotta have trim and gorgeous to start with, for that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful Heather! You are too sweet. I would have said something rude to make her feel bad LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh posh, my brother in law (jars twin) once told me that I need to think before I speak.....hum......if I need to think before I speak most everyone around me just better have their lips surgically tied together.
    When working at DTV a bunch of people said, "oh wow it looks like youre about to pop." and other lame comments. Really? Heather, you look GREAT!
    Im up to 157 lbs, so its 16 gained for me, but I have 3 months to go. yikes. I know for sure I wont be that lady who only gained 14 lbs, by the way, Im sure she smoked and did other inapropriate things during her pregnancy. there was a girl at DTV who smoked and drank coffee through her whole pregnancy and she only gained a mere few pounds. See, if you do it right, you gain the appropriate weight.
    Now if youre a chubby lady before you get pregnant then its okay if you only gain 15 lbs, but you werent chubby before, heaven knows that!!! I LOVE YOU HEATHER!!!!!!!!
    Did you get my messages?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you look great and you should not care what anyone says. People just don't think! On another note though you look like your belly has dropped. :) That means little one is getting closer to coming. :)

    ReplyDelete