Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Day 2005

me & my man where he proposed to me
Did I ever tell you that the hubs proposed to me on Christmas day? He did. It was lovely. I was spending Christmas with him and his family. We went to church, came home, opened gifts, and he gave me a flute, so naturally I thought that was it. I mean a flute doesn't really shout "more to come!" A pair of socks maybe, but not a flute. I was pretty content with a flute. I confess, I had told the hubs that a proposal would be great, but I didn't actually think he heard me or was going to listen even if he had. Afternoon rolled around. Kids were enjoying their toys, dinner was being prepped, and the hubs asked me if I wanted to take a walk. Not completely out of the ordinary so no, I was not tipped off. We walked the hills- no not hills so much, more like undeveloped land-above his parent's neighborhood. We held hands as we trampled the muddy ground beneath our feet laughing and talking as we went on our merry way. We came to a point where three trails met. The hubs stopped and pulled me close. Hugs and kisses to follow. Then asked if I was happy. Yes sir indeed I was. And then he dropped to his knee and pulled out the beautiful solitaire Emerald cut diamond I had been admiring for months. My hands flew to my mouth in surprise. He asked me to marry him and began to put the ring on the wrong hand- no worries I steered him in the right direction. I said yes like an excited little school girl I am sure and then I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed my husband-to-be. Ahhhhhh. Bliss.

7 comments:

  1. so, so , so cute...love the flute present!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how romantic! So glad he asked you. We love that man!

    Flute huh? Are you learning to play? I always wished I knew how to play that instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story Heather! I can actually picture the whole thing! I remember when Chris and I met, and how he thought/knew that Job was going to propose that same year! Wow that was three years ago? Now you've got a little bundle of joy to spend Christmas with. Oh yeah! And we got yout Picture and letter too! It's great! Did Jon put that pic together? Loved Rowan's smile. You guys are so talented. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute story! I didn't know you play the flute. Loved the Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember that day. i got to see your ring before you did. fun times. you guys were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh so sweet. You two are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete