Miles finally got a much needed haircut. We took him to a new place in Ogden called "Beauty for the Beast." We went there because it was about $15 cheaper then at PetCo. However, we will not be going back. When I dropped Miles off they didn't even ask for proof of current shots. PetCo always asks, and if the animal's shots are not up-to-date they will not take the animal, no exceptions. Well, at this other place all the lady said was, "Oh I am sure he's fine." Which means she is probably saying that to everyone! When I went to pick him up she brought out the wrong dog. True, it was a Shih- Tzu, but this one had black spots! OK, so she finally brings out the right dog and he is missing his collar and leash. I remind her of them and she says, "Oh, I put them on the 0n the wrong dog." Luckily that dog was still there. Last but not least, they only accepted cash or check. Lucky for me I had cash- something I generally never have. Unfortunately it was a $100 bill, and the lady doesn't have enough change to break it! She had to fish some bills out of her own purse to give me my change.
I don't know, the place just wasn't very professional and Jonathan and I decided it was worth the extra $15 to take Miles to PetCo after our experience at "Beauty for the Beast." At least we know that at PetCo we will be given the right dog from the get-go and he wont get bitten by a rabies infected dog while there.
that is funny. i have seen that place and thought the name was so clever. we take our shih tzu to a kind of ghetto place and i never even thought about the fact that they don't ask about shots. but it is cheap and they do a good job.
ReplyDeletehmmm... Chris and I shave ours ourselves! HAHA... peanut loves it too!
ReplyDeleteOh! And I'll say thanks again (one last time)... THANKS!!!!!
Poor little Miles! I love the teeth! He is a cute little dog! Glad you know him so well and got the right puppy!
ReplyDeleteThis is scary!! I drive past this place often since I pass it while going to my moms or mother-in-laws. I always wondered about it. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
ReplyDelete