Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday party w/ a show.

Friday evening we attended the birthday party of Xander, a little boy in our neighborhood who lives just three houses away.  His dad was in charge of the party since his mom just had a baby a few months ago and wasn't feeling up to planning a big party.  The dad somehow met Kim who owns "Kim's Cold-blooded Creatures."  He had her come and put on a hour long presentation.  Rowan seemed excited at first, but as soon as she busted out the big fat frog, he was freaked and pretty much stayed away the rest of the show.  However, as you will see from the pictures, his dad sure enjoyed himself!
Like the one only picture I got with Rowan at the party.
Near the end of the show, while Kim was letting everyone hold her big boa constrictor, Jon took the chance to hold all of the small creatures and show them Rowan- who was watching from a distance.
Course Jon was offering me a chance to hold them as well, but I politely declined.  Needless to say, I would not be a good contestant on Fear Factor.
Little snake & big snake.  Nasty.
Rowan was finally willing to pose for me with his goodie bag once we got home.  Seems he just likes the plastic cold-blooded creatures right now.
It was fun and I am glad we learned that having this sort of party for Rowan, at this time, would be a complete waste of money.  I wonder how he would feel about a clown.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm with Rowan on this one!! Jon's a freak!!! But then come to think about it .... Tony and Chris held those snakes in Texas, so their freaks too! lol Sounds like a great party and definitely one a man would plan! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, almost all of my parties are planned by the moms. I even do "all girl" parties frequently. Give Rowan another year or 2 and he would love it.

    Kim from Kim's cold-blooded creatures.

    ReplyDelete