As I mentioned in previous posts I really slacked on Sawyer's 1st birthday celebrations. I literally planned what to do on his birthday ON his birthday, half way through the day, while shopping at Smiths. I couldn't go the whole day without doing anything for the birthday boy. I know, he's one. I could have gotten away with it. I would have felt guilty forever had I done that. While finishing up my shopping I called my friend Susanna and said, "I know this is last minute, but do you guys want to join us for dinner at Ligori's and then a walk around the bird sanctuary?" They had been considering something else for the night, but they opted to go with us instead. Woo hoo!
I did get a picture of the birthday boy in his crown PRIOR to his birthday just in case I got around to planning a party and making invites. Didn't happen but I sure got some cute pictures!
After trying out the buffet at Ligori's we headed to the bird sanctuary. It's a pretty place to walk around with a "castle," as Rowan calls it.
We let the kids run around, or crawl around in Sawyer's case, before we headed home for cake and ice-cream.
These were taken at the top of the castle. Like I said, this place is pretty and makes for a great backdrop for photos.
My adorable baby.
An attempt at a family photo-I swear they are all attempts these days!
We all had a nice little evening together. Wasn't much compared to what I did for Rowan's 1st, but oh well. I will have to make ip for it when he turns 2 - just remind me not to start any big projects the month before!
Love you Sawyer!



The best thing about flaking on a kid's first birthday is that they'll never remember it. And all my kids care about is looking back at the pictures of them smashing their first birthday cake. And if you did that, you win!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Finally!! I know it's hard to keep up on the blogs but I know that eventually you will get around to it. I wish the other kids worked on theirs a little more regularly! ;( lol Sounds like there is more to come!! Thanks for the photo's and YES YES YES.... this gramma looks forward to them!!
ReplyDelete