Saturday, July 31, 2010

babysitting & a bridal shower.

My brother Scott's wife was in town to participate in a mini triathlon, and she asked if I would watch her little girl, Scotlyn while she did that. I said yes, and then Jill told me she would drop her off at 7 am Saturday morning. Good call Jill. Ha ha, no, it was fine, and Scotlyn was an angel. Seriously, so cute. I was a little worried she would react the way my son reacts when I leave, but no tears or tantrums ensued after her mom left. She did get a bit clingy and nervous when uncle Jon meandered down the stairs around 9, and kept saying she was scared. Apparently some men make her scared, and uncle Jon happens to be one them. I am sure the fact that he came down in nothing but his underwear and some megga bedhead didn't help him win her affections. While I got ready she watched and wanted all the make-up put on her as well. (Most of it I faked, but she did get a little blush and lip gloss) Then we topped it off with some curls and she, and I, were ready for the day.
Shortly before her mom came and picked her up we went outside to play and take some pictures. She isn't smiling in any of them because of the person behind the camera. I can't say she warmed to Jon, but she did say bye to him.
We had to get a shot of the two kids together to see how they have changed since this photo was taken. Rowan doesn't sit still like he use to, so I had to be in the photo strictly to hold Rowan in one spot for 2 seconds while his father snapped a photo.
Rowan was being a typical boy. Playing in the bird bath water, and dumping it all out.

Megan, the bride-to-be, with her sister Erica, niece Samantha, Mom, niece Ella, Grandma Bea, and me and Kelly on the floor.

After Scotlyn got picked up I headed to Ogden with Rowan. Jon's sister, Megan, is getting married in two weeks, and her bridal shower was today. Uncle Wade (bless his soul) babysat Rowan so I could attend child-free.

A fun full day, and now I am pooped!

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention that wade almost let rowan drown in the fountain. great babysitting. i need that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucha cute picture of the three of you! Scotlyn is seriously scowling at Jon! lol! That's hilarious! Her hair looks so cute. Good Job Heather! Your gonna have to order a girl next time! lol

    Did you mean you headed for Ogden after Scotlyn was picked up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't thank you enough for watching Scotlyn for me. And for getting up so early to do it. Maybe next time we are in town she will be a little happier to see Jon. I know she loved you. Anyone who gets her dolled up makes her happy!

    ReplyDelete